What is one stress-relieving strategy that you think would help you? What’s your biggest obstacle for trying it? by Raluca | Mar 8, 2019 | Honesty | 2 comments Join today’s conversation by answering the question. The comment thread closes at midnight. We’d love to hear from You! 2 Comments RiverCityKitty on October 28, 2018 at 8:30 am I know that I feel better all around and have an easier time coping with upsets when I’ve been going to yoga. I feel like I have a lot of little reasons not to go. It’s expensive, but I know that I can afford to go once a week or so. It’s not at the most convenient time for me, but still, I could move some things around with minimal fuss. Based on past experiences, there’s about a 25% chance some stranger who is convinced that she is well meaning will come over to give me weight loss tips, which negates the calming effects of the class altogether, still, 75% of the time I get to leave feeling really good about myself. On days when I am a slave to my illness, I know that the “recovery yoga” class still works for me. I know I could go, it just feels like a lot to overcome. Log in to Reply Intention on October 28, 2018 at 5:58 am I know that journaling is helpful. For a while I journaled consistently and it was so helpful. But I stopped doing it. I say it’s because I don’t have time for it every morning. But I make time for other things, so I know it’s just a pretext. The real reason is that journaling is emotionally difficult and uncomfortable, so I come up with pretexts to avoid doing it. Log in to Reply Submit a Comment Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.