TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Third Parties
- Controlling Your Personal Data
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you transmit to or through the Service. We use the information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- a) Account Information: If you create an account on Seekers Collective, we may store and use your full name, email address, and other information you provide with your account, such as address (city, state, country), gender, age, short bio, and personal website. Your username, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed on your account profile. Thus, if you use your full name as your username, your full name will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal here.
- b) Public Content: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your recommendations, reviews, tips, and posts. Your account profile (e.g., username, city) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like how you engage with other people’s contributions (e.g., comments, likes).
- c) Contacts: You can invite others to join the Service by sending them an email; no personal information is stored for this purpose. Further, Seekers Collective does not access your contacts.
- d) Communications: When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other Seekers Collective users, and Seekers Collective itself. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal messages from Seekers Collective. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Seekers Collective, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Our calls with you may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- e) Activity: We may store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit.
- f) Different Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or desktop computer). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined.
- Processes: Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.
- Preferences: Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look.
- Notifications: Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service.
- Analytics: Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
- THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- a) Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as communications and hosting services, network security, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests.
- b) Aggregate Information: We do not share with third parties (such as advertisers and content distributors) any information with identifying content. We may only share user information in the aggregate with third parties; for example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- d) Businesses on Seekers Collective: We do not share information from or about you with businesses listed on Seekers Collective. Keep in mind that businesses may see your Public Content (as defined in Section 1(b) above).
- e) Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with our Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to Seekers Collective about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- f) Links: The Service may link to third party services, like a business’ URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously.
- DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- CONTACT INFORMATION